I. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We collect personal information from you so that we can provide you with a positive experience when utilizing our Website or content. We will only collect the minimum amount of information necessary for us to fulfill our obligation to you.
1. A name and an email address so we can deliver our newsletter to you – you would be affirmatively consenting to this by providing this to us in our forms.
2. Billing information including name, address and credit card information when you purchase something from our Site, as part of the buying and selling process, so that we can process payment to deliver our products or services to you under our contractual obligation. This enables us to both fulfill and support the products you purchase.
3. Email marketing: With your permission, we may send you emails about new products, free and premium content (i.e. blog posts, YouTube videos, reports / white papers, etc.), and special events.
4. When you browse our site, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system so we can better improve the experience for all our users and help us diagnose problems with our server. This is essentially “traffic data” which cannot personally identify you but is helpful to us for marketing purposes and for improving our services. Traffic data collection does not follow a user’s activities on any other websites in any way.
Please note that the information above (“Personal Data”) that you are giving to us is voluntarily, and by you providing this information to us you are giving consent for us to use, collect and process this Personal Data. You are welcome to opt-out or request for us to delete your Personal Data at any point by contacting us at email@example.com.
What We Do With Information We Collect
A. Contact You
We may contact you with information that you provide to us based on these lawful grounds for processing:
1. We may contact you if you give us your clear, unambiguous, affirmative consent to contact you.
2. We will contact you under our contractual obligation to deliver goods or services you purchase from us.
3. Legitimate Interest. We may contact you if we feel you have a legitimate interest in hearing from us. For example, if you sign up for a webinar, we may send you marketing emails based on the content of that webinar. You will always have the option to opt out of any of our emails.
B. Process Payments
We will use the Personal Data you give to us in order to process your payment for the purchase of goods or services under a contract. We only use third-party payment processors that take the utmost care in securing data and comply with the GDPR.
We have a no spam policy and provide you with the ability to opt-out of our communications by selecting the unsubscribe link at the footer of all e-mails. We have taken the necessary steps to ensure that we are compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 by never sending out misleading information. We will not sell, rent or share your email address.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason (i.e. newsletter subscription and marketing messages), we will ask you directly for your expressed consent and provide you with an opportunity to withdraw your consent.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by clicking on an “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of every email we send. You may also withdraw your consent anytime, by contacting Customer Support by email.
Also, if our site is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that they may continue to sell and support our products and services.
WE DO NOT SELL, RENT OR OTHERWISE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANY THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ADVERTISERS, STRATEGIC PARTNERS OR VENDORS. AGAIN, WE TAKE YOUR PRIVACY VERY SERIOUSLY.
IV. STORAGE, SHARING AND TRANSFERRING OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal Data that you provide to us is stored internally or through a data management system. Your Personal Data will only be accessed by those who help to obtain, manage or store that information, or who have a legitimate need to know such Personal Data (i.e., our hosting provider, newsletter provider, payment processors or team members).
Our shopping cart solution is hosted and managed by Stripe. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored in Stripe’s data storage, databases, and the general Stripe application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the types of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Users Outside the USA
If you are an individual located in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, Canada or another jurisdiction outside of the United States with laws and regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please be aware that information we collect will be processed and stored in the United States or in other countries where we or our third-party services providers have operations. By submitting your personal information, you expressly consent to have your personal data transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States or another jurisdiction which may not offer the same level of privacy protection as those in the country where you reside or are a citizen.
Notification of Changes
Last Updated: June 2019